Friday, March 2, 2012

DIY Embellished Detached Collar


I’ve never really taken a lot of notice of the ‘collar necklace/embellished collar’ trend that’s been going on for the past year or so thanks to Miu Miu, it’s never really appealed to me, not my style you could say. It looks good on some people but I couldn’t get into it myself.



In a previous post I mentioned I received a dress from Goodnight Macaroon, it was a pretty sun dress with a separate attachable collar, I also mentioned the straps were too long for me on the dress so I had to take them up. Of course once I took the straps up, the buttons on the attachable collar no longer lined up so the collar was pretty much useless to me, or was it??? Hahaha

Here comes a DIY Collar Necklace type thingy, it’s nothing new but I just thought I try it out myself for the fun of it .... it’s in the form of a video so I hope you enjoy  :)



To keep the look a little more simple, just do the collar bits and leave out the centre jewellery and wear a solid metal collar necklace about an inch below the fabric collar, this seems to be a popular look right now :)

TIP:  When you wear a detached collar like this you might find that it moves around a little which can get a bit annoying, a simple strip of Hollywood Tape can solve this, just stick it to the centre back and you’re good to go :D


** Goodnight Macaroon are offering a 10% off discount code, simply enter 'CM10' at the checkout to redeem the discount **

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's really appreciated :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...