Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Konjac 100% Natural Sponges - Review

As a teenager I've always got the odd spot or two on my face but after I started my makeup course I noticed that I was breaking out a little more than normal. I was applying and removing makeup from my face a lot more than what I usually would and I think that my skin was getting aggrevated from all the attention. I stopped wearing makeup in the mornings because I knew I would only have to remove it and more products would be applied to my face once I was at the Academy and then I'd have to remove that before heading home again, there's something about wearing zombie makeup in public that doesn't go down too well these days :/  I was cleaning my skin in the evenings like I always have but I was still breaking out!!!

So when I was asked if I would like to try out the Konjac Sponges from KUUKonjac.com I thought they might be interesting to try.


Within the first week of using a Konjac Sponge to clean my skin I noticed a difference to my face, it was clearing up a little and I had not broken out again either :D Over the next couple of weeks I've noticed a nice improvement in my skin and I've had heaps of products on my face with Assessments for my course, not just makeup but adhesives, latex etc so my skin has been through quite a lot but has not suffered as much as it was previously, YAY!!!

   

        


So what is a Konjac Sponge? Let me enlighten you a little :)

Konjac is a fibrous jelly like food made from a type of Southeast Asian root vegetable called 'Konnyaku', this jelly is then mixed with calcium hydroxide (lime) to make the sponge, Konjac has been used by the Japanese as a beauty treatment for over a century.

The sponges are very soft once wet and are all handmade. They are suitable for all ages and skin types and are great for babies. They are 100% natural, have no preservatives, colours or additives and are biodegradable.

They are said to stimulate blood circulation, cleanse, sooth and encourage new skin cell growth.

Ok so how do you use them?  Easy, just rinse the sponge and massage it until it absorbs the water, in a circular motion start cleaning your face with the rounded side. You can use it alone or add a little of your favourite cleanser. Once you've finished just rinse the sponge out a few times and gently squeeze any excess water out (do not wring) and then hang it up somewhere to dry. The sponge gets hard once it's completely dry so all you have to do is rinse it and start again the next day.

You can sterilise the sponge if it gets dirty by either boiling it for about 4 mins or putting it in the microwave. The sponge is supposed to last 2-3 months and once it's old you can just throw it in the compost or the garden.

There are four different sponges in store:

KUU Konjac Pure - suitable for all skin types - $7.95
KUU Konjac with French Red Clay - suitable for mature, dry or delicate skin types - $8.95
KUU Konjac with French Green Clay - suitable for oily to normal skin types - $8.95
KUU Konjac Baby - suitable for children and adults, square in shape for easy holding - $8.95

After using the sponge for a few weeks now I can honestly say I'm very happy with the results, my skin is still not blemish free yet but it hasn't had nearly as many nasty breakouts either so to me that's a giant plus and I will keep on using them!!! :D I would recommend these sponges to anyone who enjoys natural products on their face and for anyone looking for a good cleansing routine, especially if you have sensitive skin, remember you can use the sponge by itself so it makes them pretty economical too  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's really appreciated :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...